Our club will be marching in the Homecoming parade this year and we would like to have all the girls walk together. The school asks that people start to organize at St. Bonaventure at 10am. The below has all the details for where to gather and parade order.
Also attached is the Picnic Booster Memo that contains the guidelines and the Picnic Map (We are spot number 18). We are still looking for more parent volunteers for the 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and the 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. time slots. To volunteer, please click here to pick a time slot.
Please let us know if there are any questions.
Shaler Area Homecoming 2021 Participants –
Can you believe Homecoming is just 10 days away! Thank you for once again being a part of the Shaler Area Homecoming tradition and making our 50th memorable!
Attached you will find the following documents for next Saturday’s homecoming parade:
- Tentative Parade Order
- Map of St. Bonaventure parking lots and surrounding streets
St. Bonaventure’s offers a morning mass; therefore, their parking lot is in use until 9:30 AM.
- Please have an adult at your assigned area AFTER 9:30 AM to organize your group well before your group arrives
- Please tell your students to arrive NO EARLIER THAN 10 AM to line up in your assigned area
Please inform parents that they will NOT be allowed to drive through/ briefly park in any church lot to drop off their child/ren.
- A shuttle bus will be running beginning at 9:30 AM from Kiwanis to the Middle School
- Families are encouraged to use the shuttle bus to the Middle School and then walk their child up to St. Bonaventure to avoid the closed streets and crowded areas.
- If they choose to drive near St. Bonaventure, they will need to park on a street behind /near the Church and walk their child to your group’s assigned area.
- NO cars or trucks are to be in the in the parking lots except if they are in the parade
We will have a Homecoming staff in charge of each area to assist in organizing the parade. Please look for your assigned staff member (wearing a bright, neon green shirt) if you need assistance or have any questions.
- Woodside and Meadow Lot – Mrs. Holly Siedlecki & Mrs. Heather Oros
- Lower Church Lot – Mr. Jay Hellinger & Ms. Lori Mish
- Upper Church Lot – Mrs. Mindy Thiel & Mr. Tony Sarkis
At the end of the parade:
- Please walk your group into the Central Office parking lot and continue up to the hillside to complete the route
- Please tell parents that they may pick their children up at the official end of the parade route.
- If you group would like their banner hung in the stadium, please place it on the hillside for our Custodial and Maintenance staff to hang in the stadium.
- We have done our best to spread the groups out throughout the parade staging area given the crowdedness of the parking lots and the event itself. We want everyone who participates in the event to feel safe and comfortable as they congregate and walk with your group.
- Although an outdoor event, due to the high level of community transmission in Allegheny County, we encourage parade participants to wear a mask to protect themselves and others if/when in a large crowd – keeping our students healthy and safe is our #1 priority!
Thank you for all of the work you have done to organize your group and be a part of this special day. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any additional questions – see you on the 25th!